3D dental technology, otherwise known as “cone beam,’ is available in the south suburbs! Family Dental Care, located at 9101 S. Cicero Avenue is Oak Lawn has invested in this technology to enhance the quality of care provided for patients.
Technological advances, such as digital imaging systems, have significantly increased the level of detailed information available to dentists while reducing the level of patient radiation exposure. While oral health professionals have long relied on 2-D imaging for diagnosis and treatment planning, this technology typically requires multiple exposures, and with them, multiple doses of radiation.
With cone beam computed tomography (CBCT), oral health professionals gain a highly accurate 3-D image of the patient’s anatomy from a single scan. These 3-D images allow the dentist to better diagnose and understand the true extent of dental disease, and they can provide for more appropriate and faster treatment for patients.
Digital imaging has become one of the most important diagnostic tools for oral health professionals, and the greatest advance in the past decade has come with CBCT. It uses a cone-shaped beam and digital processing to reconstruct a virtually distortion-free 3-D image of the patient’s complete skull or dental anatomy in a single pass, depending on the field of view.
Here are reasons why patient should be aware of this new technology.
The CS 8100 3D uses dental 3D technology to limit radiation dose and ensure safer exams.
- Confine radiation to area of interest with flexible fields of view
- Control size, resolution, and dose for each exam
- Adherence to the ALARA Principle helps you keep radiation exposure as low as reasonably achievable
- Low dose modes available for 3D images at a lower dose than panoramic images
Convenient for Everyone
This 3D technology makes image acquisition quick and simple.
- Intuitive interface and letter landmarks on the bite block simplify the examination process
- Open, face-to-face design puts patients at ease and promotes comfort
- Fast scanning times (7 seconds minimum) prevent movement and reduce retakes
- Accessible to patients of all sizes and individuals in wheelchairs
From traditional panoramic exams to endodontics, implant planning, oral surgeries and orthodontic applications, the CS 8100 3D is capable of much more than the average 3D unit.
- Award-winning 2D technology for superb panoramic images in seconds
- Accurate 3D representations ensure accurate diagnoses
- CAD/CAM abilities allow a dentist to perform more procedures in their office
- Family Dental Care, located at 9101 S. Cicero Avenue in Oak Lawn has invested in this state-ofthe- art technology and is available Monday through Saturday to consult patients. For immediateassistance and more information, contact them at (708) 425-9101. Weekend and evening appointments are available for your convenience. The website for Family Dental Care is www.FamilyDentalCare.com