Orthodontic treatment has become quite popular, thanks to invisible aligners such as Invisalign® and ClearCorrect®. Clear aligners are removable, discreet, and comfortable. They are the best option for any adult looking to straighten his/her teeth.
However, some people are still not sure about the procedures. In this blog, we answer the most common questions about Invisalign. Hopefully, the answers will help you make an informed decision.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic option that uses nearly invisible aligners to correct misaligned teeth and wide gaps between teeth. The aligners do not use wires, and the material used to make them is approved by the FDA. . The treatment is most common among adults, but that does not mean it can’t be used by children.
Why Should I Choose Invisalign Over Traditional Braces?
There is no problem with using traditional braces to correct misalignment. However, traditional braces come with some discomforts and are often associated with children. Also, Invisalign has many benefits over metal braces. These benefits include:
- Clear aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces. They don’t have wires and brackets, which often cause discomfort in traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are almost invisible, meaning no one will know you are under treatment if you don’t tell. However, they don’t magically disappear when you place them on your teeth. If someone looks hard enough, she will see them.
- Clear aligners are more convenient because they are removable. You can remove them, eat all your favorite foods, brush your teeth, rinse the aligners, and put them back.
- Invisalign aligners are easier to maintain compared to metal braces.
- You will only need to visit the dentist at least once every six weeks during the treatment. With traditional braces, you may need to visit the dentist every two to three weeks.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of clear aligners varies from one dental clinic to another. Several factors affect the cost, including the dentist’s experience, location of the clinic, and the need for additional procedures. Talk to us if you are looking for affordable Invisalign in Evergreen Park. We got you covered.
What are the Dos and Don’ts of Invisalign?
- Don’t eat or drink anything apart from the water with your Invisalign.
- Don’t use colored soap to clean your aligners.
- Do sanitize your aligners with denture cleaner from time to time.
- Do brush your aligners but do it gently.
- Do rinse the aligners every time before putting them back in the mouth.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Typically, invisible aligners work pretty much like traditional braces when it comes to correcting misalignment. The major difference between the two is one is invisible while the other one is “shouting.”
Each aligner is considerately designed to exert specific pressure and make a gradual adjustment to the teeth. You will need to wear the aligners at least 22 hours a day and swap them every two weeks. Your dentist will give you the replacements and teach you how to swap them.
How Long Will Invisalign Treatment Take?
Some people have been convinced that Invisalign treatment is faster than metal braces treatment, but that’s just a myth. The two treatments take almost the same time. Some cases can be faster with metal braces, while others can be faster with Invisalign. Therefore, expect the treatment to take between 12 and 18 months. Your dentist will give you an estimation of how long the treatment will take.
Will I Need to Give Up Certain Foods If I Choose Invisalign?
No. Unlike traditional braces, where you need to be very careful with fibrous and sticky foods, you have nothing to worry about with traditional braces. After all, you can remove the aligners, eat the food of your choice, and put them back after cleaning your teeth.
Does Invisalign Hurt?
No, Invisalign does not hurt. However, there are some discomforts at the beginning of the treatment, although they won’t last long. The severity of these discomforts varies from one patient to another.
Dentist in Evergreen Park
If you are looking for Invisalign in Evergreen Park, you are in the right place. We provide comprehensive dental services under one roof, and you can count on us for all dental services. Book an appointment today and let us help you.