Are you interested in improving the appearance of your smile? Not sure if dental veneers or dental bonding is right for you? At Family Dental Care™ we are proud to offer dental veneers, bonding and other cosmetic dentistry services which are perfect for improving the appearance of a smile.
About Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are extremely thin shells (typically made from porcelain) which are designed to look just like a natural tooth. Veneers are bonded directly to the front of teeth, completely concealing the natural tooth.
Pros of Cosmetic Veneers
- Veneers are versatile.
- Veneers are affordable.
- Veneers look natural.
- Porcelain is stain-resisting.
- Veneers are durable.
Cons of Cosmetic Veneers
- Veneers are permanent.
- Veneers require tooth structure and enamel to be removed.
- Although affordable, veneers are more expensive than dental bonding.
About Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a procedure in which tooth-colored composite bonding material is used to repair or alter a tooth, including decay, damage, discoloration and more. The bonding material is designed to match seamlessly with your natural smile.
Pros of Cosmetic Bonding
- The bonding treatment is quicker.
- It is typically less expensive than dental veneers.
- Dental bonding is versatile.
- Dental bonding is matched with the natural smile.
- Dental bonding can be easily repaired.
Cons of Cosmetic Bonding
- The dental bonding material can be stained.
- Dental bonding is less durable than veneers.
- Less effective at concealing discoloration/staining.
- The outcome is heavily dependent on the skill of the dentist.
Visit Our Cosmetic Dentist Today
Want to improve the appearance of your smile with dental veneers, dental bonding or another cosmetic dentistry service? Contact Family Dental Care™ today to schedule your consultation.